By using The Fig Tree Restaurant Website, you agree in full to these terms and conditions which are legally binding. These terms and conditions take immediate effect after the first use of The Fig Tree Restaurant website. If you do not wish to agree to the terms and conditions set out below then use of The Fig Tree Restaurant website must be ceased immediately.
- The Fig Tree Restaurant may alter the Terms and Conditions set out below at any time at any time. All changes will be recorded in this section of the website. A users continued use of the site post changes constitutes full acceptance of any changes made to the terms and conditions.
- The Fig Tree Restaurant does not assure nor guarantee that the website's facilities and functions will be free from error or uninterrupted, that the site or the server that makes it available to you are free of viruses or bugs, that defects will be corrected, or that the content on the site is accurate or complete.
- As a user we stipulate that any information sent by email or submitted through the website is at your own risk as no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- The Website is provided "as is" without any representations or any form of warranty (whether made expressly or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner, which does not infringe the rights of The Fig Tree Restaurant or any third party or the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- Except for death or personal injury arising through our negligence, The Fig Tree Restaurant shall in no event be liable for any damages including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whatsoever arising from or in connection with the use or loss of use of the site, or any content on the site.
- The Fig Tree Restaurant will take no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites linked to or cited on this site.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on any public area of this site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary information (unless otherwise stated by The Fig Tree Restaurant). We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of the site.
- You are advised that, in order to respect the privacy of the children and adults with whom we work, the photographs and names used on this site may at times may not necessarily be those of the actual children or adults concerned. We seek to do this where discretion is necessary.
The Fig Tree Restaurant - Intellectual Property Rights
- All content hosted and/or displayed on The Fig Tree Restaurant Website is the copyright of The Fig Tree Restaurant.
- A user/site visitor may view the content on their screen, however they may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in any way except for non-commercial personal or educational use.
- A user agrees not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the content except for non-commercial, personal or educational use.
- The status of The Fig Tree Restaurant (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of any content must always be acknowledged.
- If you copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the content in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you use.
- The names and logos identifying The Fig Tree Restaurant or any other third parties referred to on the website and their products and services may be subject to copyright, design rights or trademark rights. These trademarks may not be reproduced without the consent of the relevant owners. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark design or copyright of The Fig Tree Restaurant or any other third parties.
The Fig Tree Restaurant – Terms and Conditions
1. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, images, descriptions are accurate and correct at the time of their entry and upload onto the Website.
2. Your use of the Website including making purchases is governed by the Website terms and conditions. Please take time to read these as they contain important terms which apply to you.
4. The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
1. You make a purchase on the Website for the sum of money you wish to spend by pressing the purchase button (or similarly titled) at the end of the process. You will be guided through the process of making a purchase by a series of simple instructions on the Website checkout page. The completion of a purchase is your commitment to pay forward the amount owed for your order. You will have the opportunity to check and amend any errors before submitting your purchase to us in the checkout process.
2. We will send to you a timed and dated acknowledgement email detailing the purchase order you have made on a per order basis.
3. Unless we notify you that we cannot accept your purchase, our acceptance of your purchase to us will take place when we have received payment in full from you.
Non-acceptance of a purchase may be as a result of one or more of the following:
1. The product you chose is suddenly no longer available due to high demand. In this case please choose an alternative item if you so desire.
2. Our inability to obtain authorisation for your purchase.
3. Your failure to meet the eligibility to order criteria set out in this contract.
If an order is not accepted, you will be notified immediately by way of your payment provider/contact from The Fig Tree Restaurant.
Not all currencies may be catered for at all times, our standard base currency is the Euro. All prices on this Website are initially displayed in Euro. The order sum you will pay is the € sum shown at the time of your order.
5. We may revise these terms and conditions if there are any changes to how we may accept payment from you or any changes to relevant laws and regulatory requirements. The terms and conditions displayed on the Website at the time of your order will be those which apply to the Contract between you and us.
6. We accept payment by Stripe which is a secure payment platform for all manner of credit card providers.
7. These terms and conditions of supply shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
Cancelling an Order
• You have the right to cancel your order, however as we make all orders fresh for collection we need to be notified immediately by phone (see number below or in footer) so we do not prepare any food. If we begin to prepare food from an order you wish to cancel, we will charge you only for what has been prepared.
Contact The Fig Tree Restaurant
Telephone: (056) 775 6676 (available 09.00-17.30 Monday-Friday + Sunday / 9.00-6.00 Saturday)
Post: The Fig Tree Restaurant, No. 20, High Street, Kilkenny, Ireland, R95 XW22.
The Fig Tree Restaurant – Personal Information
Personal information means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by it. This includes a person’s contact details, images of them and their IP address.
In other words, personal information is anything which can be used to identify you (either by itself or when combined with other information).
Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
In other words, processing refers to all stages of collecting, storing and using your personal information.
Who we are
“The Fig Tree Restaurant” generally refers to one legally independent organisation, run by a management team and governed by an executive director.
This policy refers to the personal information processed by The Fig Tree Restaurant, including all information processed by the official The Fig Tree Restaurant Website.
Why we collect personal information and what we do with it
We collect information purely for the purpose of helping us provide a valued service to our patrons. The Fig Tree Restaurant processes personal information in order to:
• Take food orders (including keeping records of past orders should issues arise that a customer may wish to highlight at a later time)
• Administer enquiries including but not limited to contacting customers about their order, refunding customers etc.
• Contact customers if we need to
• Contact customers with updates on their order
• Contact customers about promotional opportunities to support our work
• Help us make our website work better
• Show us how people are using our website, so that we can keep improving it
• Understand why people order from us, so we can better meet their needs and find more people like them
• Analyse it alongside publicly available information to carry out due diligence on our customers and to help tailor our communications and work
In any case, we will only process personal information when at least one of the following conditions applies (as defined by the GDPR):
• You have given your express permission for us to do so (in that way and for that reason)
• It is necessary in order to deliver contracted goods and services
• We have a legal obligation
• It is of vital interest (it might save a person’s life)
• There is a legitimate interest (when it is not obviously annoying or intrusive and would reasonably be expected)
We may contact you by email in line with how you have agreed to be contacted. You can change how you hear from us at any time simply by contacting us at email@example.com.
When you enter information into our website and start but don’t complete (submit) it (e.g. in a form or when making an order), we may send you an email to check and see if there is any help we can give. You are under no obligation whatsoever to respond or act on this.
If you would prefer us not to analyse your information or combine it with publicly available information, no problem, please just let us know by firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information we process
We process any personal information you actively provide to us, including orders and payment transactions, enquiries and surveys and forms. Website usage information is collected using Google Analytics.
Personal information we process includes:
• postal addresses
• email addresses
• telephone/mobile numbers
• contact preferences
• bank details
• correspondence and details from interactions with our staff
• information that is publicly available
• IP addresses and web browsers (and versions) used
• Information on how people use our website, using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, to help us improve the website and our services
• Any other personal information provided to us
How we collect personal information
We collect information in the following ways:
• When you interact with us
Such as when you make an order, give express permission to do so.
• Social media
Similarly, if you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to process information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service. We will not be able to access your private messages, photos, etc. It will just be anything you specifically send to us and possibly information about you as a person, e.g. your age, where you live, etc. which might be pooled with other information to draw a general profile of our audience on that service.
• When you visit our website
We may gather information to help us improve the online experience, such as which pages you visit most often and which topics and appeals are most of interest. Like most websites, we use analytics to help us do this i.e. aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify individuals. Depending on the type of device that you are using to access our website, your apps and your settings may supply us with additional information about the type of device, the operating system you are using and details associated with this.
• From other information that is available to the public
To help us tailor our communications, we may use information from publicly available sources or information published in the media.
Who we share your information with:
We will always keep your details safe and will not sell or swap your information with any other organisation. We never share your data with third parties.
We always have contracts in place with our suppliers, which require them to comply with Irish law on data protection and to have systems and processes to protect the security of your information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is lawful and necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of The Fig Tree Restaurant and our stakeholders and for other lawful purposes.
How we keep your information safe
We have physical, technical and human controls in place to keep your information secure.
We ensure that extra controls are in place for financial, sensitive and special categories of information, meeting regulatory and legal requirements for managing these types of information.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and The Fig Tree Restaurant cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We advise against sending personal information using unsecure wifi (e.g. free public wifi).
Once we receive your data, we make every effort to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit between our systems and any partners working on our behalf.
Access to your personal information is restricted to those who require it to do our work and all staff with access to your personal data are trained in how to keep it safe.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our websites and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is lawful and necessary to do so. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, administer your relationship with us, ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and comply with the law.
Under data protection law, you have the following rights regarding our processing your personal information. For more information on your full rights, please visit see the official Data Protection website, currently at this address: https://www.dataprotection.ie/
• Your right to information/to be informed
It is our responsibility to ensure you are clearly informed of when, how and why we are collecting your information and what we will do with it. We do this through this Policy and privacy notices which explain these points any time we collect your data.
• Your right to object
You can object to us contacting you. Please email us with the email address we contact you on asking us to unsubscribe you. This cannot be done for transactional based communication such as necessary communication made when receiving and confirming orders and such.
• Your right to restrict processing
You can ask us not to process your personal information (though this still permits us to store it).
• Your right to rectification
You can ask for any inaccurate personal information we hold about you to be corrected
• Your right to erasure (your right to be forgotten)
You can ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you
• Your right to data portability
Making it easy for you to obtain a copy of any personal information you have provided to organisations in a machine-readable format so you can easily transfer it to other organisations providing similar services. Any copies of personal information we provide upon request will be provided in plain text format.
• Your right not be evaluated on the basis of automated processing
You can ask that we do not include your personal information in any automated profiling exercises that might make assumptions about you in order to get insight into our supporter audience (in order to tailor communications and reach more people that might be interested in supporting us)
• Your right of access
You have a right to see what information we hold about you and can request to see it.
You can also lodge a complaint about the way we manage your data with The Data Protection Commission.
For more information or to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send a description of the information you would like as well as proof of your identity to The Fig Tree Restaurant, No.20, High Street Kilkenny, Ireland. Once your identity is confirmed, will send you a copy of your personal information, in line with what we are legally required to disclose, within one month. We accept no liability for the security of your personal information, as contained in your request, until it has been received by us.
How to change the way we contact you
It is easy for you to change or withdraw your communication preferences with us at any time.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to request changes to how we contact you and what for – or to tell us not to contact you at all. We will always respect your wishes, though please note there may be some information we have to keep or reasons we must contact you that are required by law.
In the event that you change or withdraw consent for your information to be shared publicly, we will not share anything else publicly but will be unable to retract anything already shared outside of The Fig Tree Restaurant’s own website.
Like most websites, our site uses small data files stored on your computer called cookies. Cookies give us insight into how people use our website to help us keep improving it. Cookies do lots of different things, such as helping us to:
• avoid asking you to register or complete details twice
• estimate the number of visitors to our site, including the source and patterns relating to this traffic
• understand how visitors use the site, and how we can enhance this experience
You are able to set your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time, although of course please be aware this means that you’ll miss out on some personalised services. You can delete your cookies through your device settings at any time.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu/
What if I’m under 18?
If you are under 18, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you send us any information about yourself, this includes photos and messages.
Also, if you do use our site and you are a child please let an adult know.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Our website sometimes elements provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.